Monday, February 15, 2010

Painting as Photography

For my next project I will be recreating famous paintings. The first person that came to mind was Diego Velazquez. I have always loved his Las Meninas painting. While working on my other photographic series of the abandoned spaces I went to a cigar factory and I think this would be the perfect place to recreate this painting into a photograph. My only concern is time. I'm not sure if I would be able to gather all of the props and schedule a date with the people needed to pull this off.



Another artist I admire is Johannes Vermeer. His paintings, The Geographer, The Astronomer, and Delft workshop, Allegory of Painting stand out to me the most. I am interested in using myself in the images. I have been wanting to do a series of self-portraits and this could be the perfect opportunity.




No comments: